Knowing how to unpair Apple Watch without phone is a skill that could prove essential. This step-by-step guide will take you through the process, even if you’re a complete beginner.
Table of Contents
Why You May Need to Unpair Apple Watch Without Phone
There can be several reasons why you might need to unpair your Apple Watch without using your iPhone. This could be because your iPhone has been lost or is temporarily unavailable. Regardless of the reason, unpairing your Apple Watch is possible even without your iPhone and the process is pretty straightforward.
Unpairing Apple Watch Directly
The direct method to unpair your Apple Watch without an iPhone involves resetting the Apple Watch. Here’s how:
- On your Apple Watch, go to ‘Settings’ by tapping on the gear-shaped icon.
- Select ‘General’, scroll down and tap on ‘Reset’.
- You’ll see an option that says ‘Erase All Content and Settings’. Tap on it.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
- Tap again to confirm. This will reset your Apple Watch and unpair it from your iPhone.
Click here for more articles like this – How To Fix Apple Watch Issues: A Comprehensive Guide
Unpairing Apple Watch using a Different iPhone
If you have access to a different iPhone, you can also use it to unpair the Apple Watch.
- On the new iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap on ‘Start Pairing’.
- Hold the Apple Watch up to the iPhone’s camera so the watch face aligns with the yellow outlined box on your iPhone’s screen.
- Follow the instructions on the iPhone and Apple Watch to finish pairing. During this process, the watch will be unpaired from the old iPhone.
Note that this method only works if your Apple Watch was not set up to automatically unlock with the iPhone it was originally paired with.
Knowing how to unpair Apple Watch without phone is a handy skill, especially in scenarios where your iPhone is not available. It’s important to note that once you unpair, all data will be removed from your Apple Watch and you’ll need to set it up again, either with the same iPhone or a new one.