If you’re interested in personalizing your fitness tracking, knowing how to change Apple Watch rings is crucial. These rings represent your activity goals and can be customized to better suit your lifestyle. This step-by-step guide will walk you through the entire process.
How to Change Apple Watch Rings: What You’ll Need
Before proceeding, make sure you have the following:
- An Apple Watch: With watchOS 7 or newer for the latest features.
- An iPhone: Paired with your Apple Watch, running on iOS 14 or newer.
Having your system up-to-date ensures you have access to all the features discussed here.
Step 1: Open the Activity App on Your Apple Watch
The first step to change your activity goals is to open the Activity app on your Apple Watch:
- Press the Digital Crown to open the app screen.
- Tap on the Activity app, which resembles three colored rings.
You’ll now see your daily activity rings.
Step 2: Access the Activity Goals Screen
Next, access the screen where you can modify your activity goals:
- Firmly press on the activity rings displayed.
- A menu will appear. Select “Change Move Goal.”
This will take you to the screen where you can adjust your activity goals.
Step 3: Modify Your Activity Goals
Now, you can adjust your Move, Exercise, and Stand goals:
- Use the “+” or “-” buttons to increase or decrease your Move goal.
- Once satisfied, tap “Update.”
This will change your Move goal, which is represented by the red ring. As of now, the Exercise and Stand goals are fixed at 30 minutes and 12 hours, respectively, and can’t be changed.
Step 4: Sync with iPhone
Your new activity goals will automatically sync with the Activity app on your paired iPhone. Open the Activity app on your iPhone to confirm the changes.
Click here for more articles like this – How To Fix Apple Watch Issues: A Comprehensive Guide
How to Monitor Progress
After setting your new activity goals, you’ll want to monitor your progress:
- Open the Activity app on your Apple Watch.
- Review the rings to see how close you are to meeting your goals for the day.
- For more detailed statistics, use the Activity app on your paired iPhone.
Monitoring your activity regularly can help you stay on track and motivate you to close your rings each day.
How to Reset Activity Goals
If you feel the need to start afresh, you can reset your activity goals:
- Open the Activity app on your iPhone.
- Scroll to the bottom and select ‘Reset Activity Goals’.
Note: This will reset all your activity tracking data, so make sure this is what you want to do.
How to Change Apple Watch Rings: Additional Tips
Adjusting your activity ring goals on the Apple Watch is only part of the equation. Implementing the following tips can help you get the most out of your Apple Watch’s fitness tracking capabilities:
- Regular Review: Consistently check your activity performance and compare it with your goals. Is your Move goal too easy or too difficult to achieve? Are you consistently missing out on your Stand goal? Evaluating your performance will help you make appropriate adjustments.
- Realistic Goals: Always strive for a balance between challenge and achievability. If your goals are too lofty, you risk demotivation; if they’re too easy, you may not get the benefits of a good workout.
- Use Third-Party Apps: Consider using third-party apps that are compatible with Apple’s HealthKit, like MyFitnessPal or Strava, for more nuanced activity tracking. These can provide different insights and may have features not present in Apple’s default Activity app.
- Turn on Notifications: Utilize the notification feature to get reminders that can help you meet your goals. Whether it’s a reminder to stand every hour or an end-of-day alert to complete your Move ring, these nudges can make a difference. To set up or customize these, go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, navigate to My Watch > Activity, and set your preferences.
- Integrate with Daily Routine: Try to make your activity goals a part of your daily routine. For example, consider closing your Stand ring by standing and walking around during commercial breaks if you’re watching TV, or take a short walk during your lunch break to work on your Exercise ring.
- Take Rest Days: It’s crucial to listen to your body and take rest days. The Apple Watch won’t penalize you for not meeting your goals every day, and rest is essential for muscle recovery and overall well-being.
How to Change Apple Watch Rings: Frequently Asked Questions
Some common queries about changing activity ring goals on your Apple Watch:
- Can I change the Exercise and Stand goals?
As of now, the Exercise and Stand goals are fixed at 30 minutes and 12 hours, respectively, and cannot be changed.
- Do I need to update the goals daily?
No, once you set the goals, they remain until you decide to change them again.
- What do the colors of the rings signify?
The red ring represents your Move goal, the green ring is for the Exercise goal, and the blue ring indicates your Stand goal.
- How can I see my weekly summary?
You can view a weekly summary on your Apple Watch by opening the Activity app, swiping right, and then scrolling down.
- How do I reset my activity goals?
To reset your activity goals, you’ll need to use the Activity app on your paired iPhone. Open the app, scroll to the bottom and select ‘Reset Activity Goals’. Note that this will reset all your activity tracking data.
- Can I customize the appearance of my Activity rings?
No, the appearance (colors and layout) of the Activity rings is pre-defined by Apple and cannot be changed.
- Can I view Activity ring data for past days?
Yes, you can review your past activity data on your Apple Watch or via the Activity app on your iPhone. On your Apple Watch, open the Activity app and turn the Digital Crown to view the history. On your iPhone, open the Activity app and tap on the “History” tab.
- Can the activity goals be changed from other Apple devices?
As of the current iOS versions, activity goals can only be changed from the Activity app on the Apple Watch or the paired iPhone. They can’t be changed from iPads, iPods, or Macs.
- Is there a way to get reminders to complete my rings?
Yes, you can set up notifications in the Activity app on your Apple Watch to remind you to stand, exercise, or move. To set these up, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, go to My Watch > Activity, and choose your notifications settings.
How to Change Apple Watch Rings: Conclusion
Changing Apple Watch rings allows you to tailor your activity goals to your personal fitness level and daily routine. Whether you’re a seasoned athlete or just getting started on your fitness journey, setting achievable goals is the key to long-term success.